Fantastic 1 / 2011
This will save me interviews. Brett Helquist, Alyson Noel, John A. Lindquist: The people I do not know. Obituaries for EC Tubb, of which I had read in my youth, then to Bob Guccione. He had "Penthouse" I never read it, I was "Playboy" fan, was wearing bunny neckties and cufflinks. But Guccione OMNI I knew. The SF magazine with glossy pages and high-profile contributions had impressed me.
"Fantastic" contains reviews of audio books and as always interesting articles. I think it's worth it to purchase the magazine. Bernd Jooß brings "The Book - a polemic. " He thinks it would be to the parents if the child is reading books or not. As sure what is up. My mother and my aunt had from the fifties to the eighties, a tobacco store with lending library (which was ultimately abandoned when moving the pocket books). The so-called moral novels were hidden in the second row and have strongly encouraged me to read. Then my neurons were tuned to read. It helps. The English-language SF, Business Week had me open the way to the U.S.. Without good English, I would not have got there. Someday I'm going to set a Kindl. At present, however, I have a pile of unread books on the shelves, and then must I work by myself or by the back-copies of Scientific American.
Höltgen Stefan writes about "God and Computers in Science Fiction" and moves to approach the story by Frederic Brown "Answer" from 1954 and that of AC Clarke, "The nine billion names of God" in 1953. The fifties were one of the most creative and productive decades that SF terms. There were great stories. Some short, concise with good punch lines. In this form no longer be written.
Achim Schnurrer remembers a super villain from the year 1895. Dr. Nikola, a creation of the Australian Guy Newell Boothby. The description of the Adventures of this gentleman made him the villain best-selling authors. He died, however, the age of 37 and was later forgotten. Ernst Wurdack brings out one of his books now.
Marco Behringer reported with "Views from 'Interzone' via the New Wave and punk-authors William S. Burroughs. He belonged to Jack Kerouac to Allen Ginsberg and the Beat Generation, and brought under his novels in SF elements. When Vonnegut was indeed the case. Burrough of what I should I get. I have some of Vonnegut. I read it in Stamford, CT on the Atlantic beach, as are nearly all of Gibson's cyberpunk books.
Uwe Anton warns of beta-script a pseudo-Verlag, zusammenklaubt facts from Wikipedia and then sold as a book. A German publishing group, is behind it fabricated the abuse. Not to take.
Achim Schnurrer brings the third part of Voltaire study. Very interesting. Then Voltaire law is described as an outstanding personality. But this post is worth it, fantastic read.
Max Pechmann writes about American horror films in the eighties. Personally, I prefer B-movies from before the fifties and sixties. Luckily I have the opportunity to see me with a bunch of them on the web Winamp.
0 comments:
Post a Comment