Vector , the critical journal of the British Science Fiction Association
It's about Stephen Baxter, the British science fiction writer, born in 1957, Vice President of the HG Wells Society and President of the BSFA. Vector brings an interview with him, then an article about Baxter Xeelee cycle. In "The Settee and the Stars," writes Gary K. Wolfe on Baxter and his dilemma with the standards. It refers to the Xeelee cycle, which begins twenty billion years in the past and to twenty million years is in the future. Adam Roberts deals with the "Atomic Theory of Baxter's Fiction. " Well, the guys will have read all his books, and I was not even one. I know just a few of his short stories. They are good. Starting from there I would want to read his books. I only have enough time to and one day only so many 24 hours.
Tony Keen takes Baxter's "Tapestry Time Sequence", Niall Harrison "Baxter's People", Graham Sleight humor in books with Baxter's "Giant Killer, Rodents in Space, Armour, with Guns". There are book reviews, Chris Becket is interviewed.
0 comments:
Post a Comment